Do you prefer reading poetry or prose?

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tell Me True

You say you love me,
You say it all the time.
But your eyes betray the truth.
You lie.
You tell me that you need me,
You tell me that you care,
But your actions betray the truth.
You lie.
So the next time someone tells you that they love you,
Don’t respond to them in kind.
Tell them true.
Tell them that they mean nothing,
Tell them you don’t care.
Tell them that they are just another
Fleeting flippant fancy.
So next time you say “I love you.”
To some poor foolish man.
You’ll hear me in your head.
You’ll hear me say
“You lie.”

2 comments:

  1. It's bitter and biting and a little bit depressing with a side dish of Sassy... I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. Greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete