Do you prefer reading poetry or prose?

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bluebell Woods

While walking through the woods,
I entered a magic land.
The trees arched high above,
A blue carpet stretched below.
The swaying bluebells caught my eye,
They were so happy growing there,
They lived a life so free of pain,
They made all creatures happy,
They could turn sadness into joy.
Amid these flowers I found my solace,
For a loss that broke my heart.
They greeted me with smiling faces,
That beautiful foliage embraced me.
And so I sat amid the bluebells,
In the bluebell woods.
They made me laugh, they dried my tears.
Then from the flowers came a nymph,
Who spoke to me in a gentle voice,
She told me that she knew my broken heart,
She took me away to mend it,
I went gladly away with her.
We lay amid the bluebells,
We laughed till we were hoarse.
And so her love healed my broken heart.
We were together, forever happy,
Within the bluebell woods.
Forever more I stayed with her.
Within the bluebell woods.
No more did sadness hurt me,
No more was my heart to break,
For with her love she strengthened me,
Within the bluebell woods.
And so under the oak’s mighty bows
We were joined together,
The bluebell nymph and I,
Forever we would be together,
Within the bluebell woods.

1 comment:

  1. you are very talented. Poetry is a god given talent. congratulations.

    ReplyDelete